Monday, October 12, 2009

the plague

the swine flu is not the problem.
the Nobel Peace Prize is no cause for alarm.
Our enemy has shown its face. Shall we cower into the night?

or

SHALL WE FIGHT!!!!!!!!







"That's what she said."

Since when is a phrase our enemy? A threat to our national security? Something that makes baby Jesus cry?

Well, I believe it is time for the smoke alarm to be rung. Really, since when is it considered acceptable to take the catch phrase of an acknowledged dolt and make it our own? Since now.

I have no problem with Michael Scott using the phrase. He actually does well with it; the writers are actually poking fun at the type of people who would embrace that kind of humor- and, inadvertently, they found that this group consisted of: most of their viewing audience. You can even tell by the writing, that they are already tiring of this schtick. Mr Scott, of recent has used it quite sparingly. They don't want to write him into a corner, so they are trying to let us forget about it. But I doubt that will happen.

I used to be like you. I was once as carefree and happy. A few people were saying "that's what she said," but they mostly consisted of those who are unable to acheive on a level field of play. Then, slowly at first, intelligent and coherent people started following suit. But they grew in number, that number unintelligible in so many ways. Now, the contaigion has spread so far that anyone could be a potential carrier. I can no longer listen for signs of acuity and base my conclusion on this. The dreaded phrase could emanate from any local source.

My only source of hope is that, by some miracle of God, there will be some sort of vaccine or cure developed before the disease reaches myself and the ones I love. Current research has come to a standstill, but if I understand correctly, we can use frog DNA to complete the code, and Bingo! A cure! Now, just like any good vaccine, this one gets you a little sick with the virus you were trying to avoid in the first place. So, if you would just bear with me temporarily...

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

THA--

THAT-

th-

(heavy breathing)








(heavy breathing continues)







(I'm kind of out of shape)






I think I am done. And that's all it takes. If you want to be completely healed of saying something that is totally not funny at all (only if you are smart; if you aren't, then don't worry about it), then say the dreaded phrase 4-10 times and ye shall be healed (1).



















1. Ye may not be healed. It's really up to ye.

No comments: