Wednesday, March 08, 2006

my first entry

well. not to be redundant, but this is my first entry on a blog. I started this because I have a lot of free time, and I need to practice my writing skills. I've been here in kansas since august; that's about seven months of exile. I call it exile, but it's not nearly that bad- I still get to go back to Norman about once or twice a month. But it feels like exile. I don't get to see my friends too often; and I have felt disconnected from the world more often than I would like. Still, I do believe that God is working something in me- and I think that, in the end, it will be worth it. I suppose I am nominally concerned over who will be reading this, but I have resolved not to tell anyone about it, so for now it is mainly a personal thing. I was tempted to tell one of my friends about it the other day (yesterday). And that's pretty bad considering that I had not even posted anything yet. I try to thank God for His mercy and ask for it every day. Wisdom is also something I ask for a lot. The team is doing alright, and I am interested to see how much improvement can be made during outdoor season. I still need to get my passport, but I will probably wait until spring break. Hopefully, I will be able to keep myself from making transmissions of this nature in the future. This isn't meant to be another personal journal; I would like it to be more like a place where I can talk candidly, but not necessarily about my own experiences. That's all.

No comments: