Saturday, December 20, 2008

Autozone

You shouldn't judge a book by its cover (i. e., title), but what's the rule on blog posts?
Judging by this title, one wouldn't suspect anything profound, in which case they would be right. A mere observation is all I offer: When I go to autozone (which isn't often), I feel this urgent need to convey to the people there that I have much more knowledge about vehicles than I actually possess (which is minimal). I suddenly start sputtering out phrases like the everyday dilettante:

"Yeah, it could be the catalytic converter, but I think I need new spark plugs. Or at least more. This is a V8. How many Vs should I have?"

The mind kicks into overdrive. I start sputtering out words that I haven't even heard before: manifold...intake valve...thermal viscosity breakdown. Am I the only one to suffer from this syndrome? It's like I have to prove to them that they shouldn't dumb things down for me (although they really should). That's all I had to say.



-simon


p.s. Have you ever just decided to keep on hitting refresh on your blogspot profile just to up the number of times people have viewed y0ur profile? Yeah, I haven't done that either- I was just wondering.

No comments: